This is my fiftieth post so I am going to tell you fifty things that you may or may not know about me. Can this count for all of my Facebook friends who are trying to get me to do the 25 Things as well? I hope so! Here goes…
1. I was born, raised and have spent most of my life (except for college) in the Philadelphia area.
2. I would love to live in another area of the country but don’t think that I ever will.
3. I applied to two law schools in Los Angeles and came really close to going to either UCLA or Loyola Marymount but went to Temple instead because I got to go for virtually free.
4. Despite that, I have a ton of student loans to pay back from college, getting my MBA and living expenses while I was in law school.
5. I never regret not going to law school in LA because I might not have met my husband.
6. TK4 and I met at the Princeton in Avalon at 2:00 a.m. after the “ugly lights” had come on.
7. I was talking to another guy, TK4 stepped literally in between us and said to me “What do you think of my shirt?”.
8. I responded that he looked like he was wearing a mattress.
9. I met TK4 at 23, got engaged at 25, got married at 27 and had Aubryn at 29.
10. My twenties were fantastic.
11. I’m looking forward to seeing what my 30s have in store for me.
12. Hopefully more babies.
13. Being TK4’s wife and Aubryn’s mommy are my greatest joy.
14. I never thought that I would be “that girl” who said something like that.
15. I always thought that I would be more of a career-focused kind of girl.
16. I have one sister who is 5 1/2 years younger than me.
17. She makes me laugh harder than anyone else can.
18. We are so different that I often wonder how it is that we are related.
19. As adults, we can appreciate and embrace our differences.
20. I hate pumping gas.
21. I’ve been known to drive my car until there is absolutely no gas in the tank and then persuade my husband that he needs to go to the gas station to fill it up.
22. He loves me enough to put up with this.
23. The only new car that I have ever bought is a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
24. TK4 and I traded cars last fall because the Jeep is getting older and the heat stopped working – he drives the Jeep with no heat and I get to drive a 2009 Toyota Avalon.
25. It is totally an old man’s car but I absolutely love driving it – my next car is going to have to seat more people though.
26. I have never traded a car in – they’ve all been totaled although not all by me.
27. I love to read but don’t get to do nearly enough of it – especially since I stopped taking the train to work.
28. One of my guilty pleasures is listening to books on CD in the car and on my ipod but only after I have read the book first.
29. My ipod is otherwise filled with upbeat country music and cheesy dance music. Odd combo, I know, but both are great to run to.
30. I love to run.
31. I ran the Broad Street while I was pregnant with Aubryn and still kicked my husband’s tushie by 17 minutes.
32. I totally screwed up my knee in the process by training too hard too fast – despite physical therapy, it has never been the same.
33. I have always wanted a red kitchen and finally got one.
34. It took about 6 coats of paint (on top of grey primer) until I finally got it the right shade.
35. I have painted the rooms in my house really bold colors and I love it – except my laundry room – it’s still builders white but I am thinking of painting it orange.
36. I am not and have never been a coffee drinker.
37. However, I drink tea like it is going out of style – seriously, like 6 cups a day.
38. If I could afford it (both monetarily and calorically) I would drink a non-fat venti chai tea from Starbucks every single day.
39. I can’t afford either so I drink them about once a month.
40. I don’t really have any talents – took piano lessons for 10 years but can’t really play, can’t sing – but I can fit my entire fist in my mouth. C’mon. You’re impressed!
41. In 2003, I bought TK4 a dog – Blue – who has lived with my parents ever since (they must be the most patient people ever) – sometimes I wonder how it is that we can’t take care of our dog but manage to take care of our baby.
42. I was in a sorority in college but my best friends from college were not in the same sorority.
43. I am blessed to have wonderful girlfriends who laugh at me as well as with me and keep me grounded and real every single day.
44. I am obsessed with designer jeans – more than 10 pair obsessed – and I can’t seem to stop myself (showing restraint with purses and shoes is hard but not quite as hard).
45. No matter how bad this recession gets, I cannot forgo getting my hair highlighted or getting my eyebrows waxed.
And perhaps the most important things about me…
46. I am a Christian and have been since April 1, 1985 – the most defining point of my life.
47. I can’t imagine growing up in a more loving or better home and only hope that I can show my own children 1/10th of the love and grace that my parents have shown me.
48. I only understand how much they fiercely love me now that I am a mommy myself.
49. I love Tom not only for the person that he is but for the person that he makes me.
50. Tom and Aubryn are my reason for being and our adventure is far greater than I could have ever hoped or imagined.